It’s here! I’ve created the next Daily Office Booklet, which will take you from the day after Christmas (Dec. 26, 2017) until the day before Trinity Sunday (May 26, 2018). Unless Google just misled me, that’s 151 days of Morning and Evening Prayer packed into one booklet!!!
Changes to this Daily Office Booklet:
- More opening verses (to cover Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost)
- A different format for the reading(s) table(s). I’ve consolidated morning and evening readings together, one day per row.
- Canticles: Venite in the morning. Nunc dimittis in the evening.
- Lots of Collects!!!
- Suggestions for various intercessions. I don’t know about you, but I need to be prompted to pray for certain things. Otherwise, I forget. So, I’ve added the following under “Intercessions”:
- For the Church, both Global and Local
- For the World
- For the Nation & Government
- For Nature/Creation
- For Society, especially the Oppressed and Suffering
- For Family
- For Friends
- For Enemies
Anyways, you can access the new Daily Office Booklet (as well as previous versions) here. There are instructions on how to print your own booklets at home. All you need is a two-sided printer.
Please let me know if you catch any errors, or if you have suggestions for improvement!
As Managing Editor, Josh is in charge of the day-to-day operations at Anglican Pastor. He is a priest in the Anglican Church in North America, serving at Church of the Savior in Wheaton, IL (Diocese of C4SO). Josh is also a Ph.D. student in theology at Wheaton College. You can follow Josh on micro.blog, or learn more at joshuapsteele.com.