The following are prompts, ideas, topics, etc. that we’re interested in exploring at Anglican Compass. Bottom line: We publish resources that help people navigate the Anglican tradition with clarity and charity.
If you follow our writing guidelines and send us a draft about one of these topics/questions, we will most likely publish it!
Note: Some of these are tongue-in-cheek, but hopefully they can get the writing wheels turning!
- “I was about to give up on the Church when I was introduced to the Anglican tradition. It saved my faith.”
- 3 Reasons Why You Should NOT Become an Anglican
- 5 Reasons Why Written Prayers Are Better than Extemporaneous Prayers
- 7 Questions to Ask When You Visit an Anglican Church
- Absolution: A Rookie Anglican Guide (Why can only priests absolve?)
- A Feast for The Senses: The Richness of Anglican Worship
- A history of the Anglican Church in North America
- Anglican Clergy’s Best-Kept Secret
- Anglican history and why it matters
- Anglican theology, whether it exists (as a coherent theology), and why it matters
- Anglican views on the natural/supernatural and physical/spiritual
- Anglicanism and the Bible
- Announcing: An Ancient Way to Reclaim Your Days and Years for God
- Crazy As It Sounds, the Daily Office Could Save Your Marriage
- Distinctives of Anglican worship, an introduction for those visiting an Anglican church
- Do Coffee & Donuts After the Service Upstage the Bread & Wine?
- Family prayer at home, an introduction/guide
- From the Priest’s Point of View: An Overview of a Typical Sunday Service
- How a pastor can transition from another tradition into Anglicanism
- How can I become an Anglican?
- How do I use the Book of Common Prayer?
- How should Anglicanism intersect with other traditions and cultures? Does this apply to Anglicanism and North American evangelicalism?
- How Should We Use the Psalms in a Sunday Service?
- How to Avoid the Biggest Mistakes You Can Make When Visiting an Anglican Church
- How to Chant the Proper Prefaces
- How to Chant the Sursum Corda
- How to find a good Anglican church
- How to join an Anglican church
- It’s Never Too Late to Start Doing the Daily Office
- Now You Can Create a Personalized Discipleship Plan—For FREE
- Paedo-communion: Yes or No?
- Sick of “iChurch” and “McChurch”? Give Anglicanism A Try
- The 5 Anglican Books You Should Own NOW
- The WORST Article in the Thirty-Nine Articles. Hint: It’s NOT What You Think!
- Tips for using the Daily Office at home with family
- Using the Book of Common Prayer—Once Difficult, Now Easy
- We’re Looking for People Who Want to Leave Anglicanism Better Than They Found It
- What Do Anglican Small Groups Look Like?
- What do Anglicans believe?
- What Does Anglican Children’s Ministry Look Like?
- What Does Anglican Church Planting Look Like?
- What Does Anglican Men’s Ministry Look Like?
- What Does Anglican Women’s Ministry Look Like?
- What Weekly Services Are Offered at a Typical Anglican Church?
- Why “Clarity & Charity” is the Best Way Forward for the Church in a Pluralistic Society
- Why Are Anglicans So Angry?
- Why Most People Leave the Church—And What You Can Do About It
- Will Your Church Pass the “Word & Sacrament” Test?
List last updated: 2020-10-15