Our latest Anglican Compass book, Simply Anglican by Winfield Bevins, is out! We could use your help in spreading the word!
If you’re interested in learning more about the Anglican tradition, Simply Anglican is the clear and charitable guide you’ve been waiting for. Winfield Bevins provides an accessible overview of Anglican history, theology, and worship.
With discussion questions and recommended reading at the end of each chapter, plus a glossary of terms in the back, this book is the ideal introduction to Anglicanism!
Here are some ways you can support the book:
- Purchase one or more copies on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1734307986/.
- The paperback is live!
- The Kindle edition will go live on September 22.
- Write a 5-star review on Amazon after you receive your copy of the book from Amazon. This is quite possibly the most important thing to help this book sell well and reach a broad audience!
- Recommend the book to at least three people who would benefit from it. Let them know that they can download a free sample of the book here: https://freechapter.anglicancompass.com/simply-anglican/.
- Spread the word about the book on social media.
Need some images to share?
Here are just a few of the images.
Need some social media copy to get you started?
Try tweaking the following sample Tweets.
- Excellent new book: Simply Anglican: An Ancient Faith for Today’s World. Grab your copy here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GJ6H7GX/. @anglicancompass #simplyanglican
- I love this new book by my friend @winfieldbevins, grab a copy of Simply Anglican here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GJ6H7GX/. @anglicancompass #simplyanglican
- I received an advance copy of Simply Anglican from @anglicancompass and it is a fantastic easy-to-read introduction to the Anglican tradition. I highly recommend you get a copy, too! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GJ6H7GX/. @anglicancompass #simplyanglican
- Looking for a great read? I highly recommend Simply Anglican by @winfieldbevins, which covers the basics of Anglican history, theology, and worship. Order here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GJ6H7GX/. @anglicancompass #simplyanglican
Request an Advance Reading/Review Copy
Got a blog, church, podcast, etc.? If you’d like to receive an advance reading/review copy of Simply Anglican to familiarize yourself with the content before recommending it to others, please request one using the following form:
Here’s what people are saying about Simply Anglican
“If you are considering joining the Anglican communion, this is the book…Here we get worship, liturgy, prayer, theology, and history — along with living the Christian life — in a short, accessible book.”
—Scot McKnight, Professor of New Testament, Northern Seminary
“Anglicanism, all the cool kids are doing it, but what is it precisely? In Simply Anglican, Winfield Bevins provides an easy to read explanation of Anglicanism, its history, theology, and liturgy. A recommended read for anyone considering becoming Anglican or who wants to know why so many young people are joining Anglican churches.”
—Michael F. Bird, Academic Dean and Lecturer in Theology, Ridley College, Melbourne, Australia
“This is a book I’ve been waiting for! Bevins gives a warm, concise, and accessible outline of Anglican history, faith, and worship…But this is much more than an introduction; it is an invitation into a beautiful faith.”
—Glenn Packiam, Pastor, New Life Downtown, Author of Worship and the World to Come
“My colleague, Winfield Bevins, has written an introduction to Anglicanism that is fresh, easy to grasp and inspired by love for God and a missional heart for one’s neighbor. If you are exploring the intersection of liturgy, sacrament and mission, I highly recommend Simply Anglican.”
—Todd Hunter, Bishop of The Diocese of Churches for the Sake of Others, Author of The Accidental Anglican
Here’s the Table of Contents for Simply Anglican:
- Story: A Brief History of Anglicanism
- Orthodoxy: Anglican Beliefs
- Prayer: The Book of Common Prayer
- Liturgy: How Anglicans Worship
- Sacraments: Baptism and Eucharist
- Scripture: Anglicans and the Bible
- Order: Holy Orders and Structure
- Mission: Anglican Mission Today
- Charity: Embracing the Anglican Via Media
Glossary of Anglican Terms (Click here to access the online version of the glossary!)
Thanks for your help in promoting this book!
And, through the book, the ministry of Anglican Compass!
If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below.
As Managing Editor, Josh is in charge of the day-to-day operations at Anglican Pastor. He is a priest in the Anglican Church in North America, serving at Church of the Savior in Wheaton, IL (Diocese of C4SO). Josh is also a Ph.D. student in theology at Wheaton College. You can follow Josh on micro.blog, or learn more at joshuapsteele.com.